The new LED light source with 200W @ 100Hz and 1μs flash period
The Blue-X-Focus is a powerful LED light source, especially designed by isi-sys for digital image correlation:
- The short, single wave length (blue) improves the optical transfer function properties especially a) at the image boarders for conventional lenses and b) for high resolution, small FOV set-ups such as the Micro 3D stereo sensor.
- The pulse mode reduces motion blur and maximizes light power at lowest possible heating of the object surface
- Large beam expansion range from 3,2° to 60° for small to large field of view. Operation through small windows
- A polarization-filter (optional) is suppressing direct reflections in combination with a second pair for the sensors
- The short wavelength can be used in combination with bandpass filters for measuring on hot samples
- Power: Standard operation with 80W in continuous mode or 120W for pulse mode depending on duty cycle. Example for 0,7 duty cycle: 105W @ 240Hz and 2,9ms flash period. Power adjustable manually or external by pulse length and frequency as well as automatically limited depending on temperature.
- The focusing adapter for standard DIC is from 5° to 60° expansion. The version for small FOV is adjustable from 3,2° to 4,7° expansion corresponding to e. g. 5mm x 3mm at 53mm WD or 300mm x 140mm at 1800mm WD (working distance)
- Mounting is possible horizontal or vertical via M6 or ¼” threads
- The cooling air stream is directed from the front inlet to the backside to avoid hot air waves in the images.Power: Standard operation with 80W in continuous mode or 120W for pulse mode depending on duty cycle. Example for 0,7 duty cycle: 105W @ 240Hz and 2,9ms flash period.
Application example for DIC on small FOV (magnification 1:1 approx. 14x10mm @ 12Mpx, Rodagon 135mm)